To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made tenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- 0 to 12 months work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Stable job tenure. Assertive personality.
- Communication skills, listening and talking.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management skills.
- Competitive nature.
- Team player.
- Computer knowledge Minimum typing of 35 wpm
Equipment and Applications
- Computers and peripheral equipment
- Designated software applications
- Telephones, copiers and other office equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up t30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
General Duties and Responsibilities
To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company. While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
Initiate contact with borrowers via telephone regarding their accounts, determine appropriate action to achieve the desired resolution of each account and maintain appropriate documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate outbound telephone calls to work and home telephone numbers.
- Accept inbound telephone calls from debtors.
- Upon contact, establish payment arrangements to resolve the balance on the account.
- Assure compliance with DOE, FDCPA and State Laws.
- Assure compliance with all of FAMS policy and procedures.
- Complete the required documentation of each action on every account worked.
- Work your designated file within the systems parameters.
- Work your designated file in compliance with the client�s work matrix.
- Identify accounts that would be considered uncollectible:
- - Debtor has no ability to repay the balance.
- - Debtor disputes entire balance of account.
- - Debtor is deceased.
- - Debtor has filed Bankruptcy.
- - Other as identified by client or management.
- Other duties as deemed necessary my management.
- Complete skip trace functions on accounts as needed tenable initial contact with the debtor.
- Work a minimum of three late nights per week or other schedules as dictated by business needs; including but not limited to Saturdays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Work with the Unit Manager or Collection Manager to provide projections of how the file is expected to perform for the current month. Projections are generally done at 5 day intervals throughout the month, or as dictated by management.
- Reviews will be performed on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- This position will work under close supervision.
- This position will be given general instructions on a constant basis
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
If you have any questions about this position please contact us at (636) 925-5300.